What Does the PTA Do?
PTA comprises more than 5 million parents and other concerned adults devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities and a strong advocate for public education.
The Field PTA is part of both the National and the Illinois PTA's. We are an all volunteer service organization that unites home, school and community on the behalf of children. The PTA at Field is made up of many committees in which parent members coordinate various fun family events, school assemblies, programs and events throughout the school year. The Field PTA is open to all volunteers and welcomes all of our families to participate. There are many ways to help out.
Please feel free to review the Committees listed on our website. We need all help at all levels. The most time consuming PTA positions are those of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee includes the President,President-Elect, Treasurer, Ways and Means, membership, Secretary, and Programs. If you're interested in any of these positions, please contact someone on the current Executive Committee and let them know of your interest.
Committee Chairs are responsible for coordinating and running a particular program or event. Many of the committees assemble a team of volunteers to assist with their event.
Committee Members are the volunteers who help out in a wide variety of ways. Whether they are staffing a shift at Winter Wonderfest, handing out ribbons at the Running Clubs annual Drumstick Dash, or manning a register at the annual Book Fair, we have many ways and levels of commitment to meet your needs.
Thank you for supporting our PTA and we encourage you to become a member if you have not done so already.
The PTA works throughout the year to support Field’s students and staff!! Meetings are each month and vary from afternoon or evening to encourage all to attend.
How are Field PTA funds used?
* 34% Programs (All School Assemblies, PBIS Store, Family Arts Festival, Art Appreciation, etc.)
* 34% Contributing (basketball hoops, water fountains, library resources, library decor, art frames, playground equipment)
* 11% Appreciation (staff)
* 10% Events (Social/Family events; 5th grade events; Kindergarten events)
* 8% Administrative (printing & supply costs)
* 2% Cooperating (support to other district 205 groups)
Here are some of the great things that Field PTA is able to do for our school!
- Finances school assemblies covering subjects such as history, ecology, grammar, science, positive behaviour and FUN! Examples include 50 States in 60 Minutes; Discover the Depths: Hump back whales; School House Rock; Wheel of Wisdom; Abe Lincoln; Get Excited About Science; Ease The Tease; BMX; and DaVinci.
- Purchases a book for every Field student with the profits earned from our annual book fair.
- Gives every new student and staff member a Field Falcon t-shirt to support school pride.
- Coordinates an annual all-school photo!
- Supports a variety of volunteer run events and clubs like Science Olympiad; Junior Great Books, Family Arts Festival; Running Club; and Chess Club.
- Sponsors social activities for our Field families including Welcome Coffee, Family Movie Night, Family Game Night, End of Year Celebration – completely FREE events for all Field students and their families.
- Helps support our school by upgrading the auditorium sound system, purchasing iPads, funding new adjustable basketball hoops for our gym and building a reading garden.
- Financially supports other District 205 groups like SERG, REACH, District 205 Foundation, PTA Council Scholarship and York After Prom Event.