Dear Falcon Families,
Standards Based Report Cards – Second trimester Standards Based Report Cards will be available electronically this afternoon! Report cards will not be coming home in paper form this year. Your child’s report card will be available for viewing through your PowerSchool account after 3:00 PM on Friday, March 8, 2019. You can print your child’s report card if you choose to. If you do not have access to a computer, please contact the office and a report card will be printed for you. To review the changes to our grading and reporting system this year review this Parent Presentation and the D205 Parent Guide.
Open this link to view the instructions for accessing report cards:
- Begin by entering your Username and Password in PowerSchool
- On the Grades & Attendance - Quick Lookup page, open the Report Cards tab under Navigation on the left
- Under Archived Report Cards, open the FIE Standards Report Card file to view your child's report card
A Reminder About Reporting Standards – The standards we follow are linked to the Common Core State Standards. Many of these standards are year-long so we are working toward mastery throughout the year. The summary below indicates the scale used to determine your child’s growth towards that skill as well as the proficiency levels used with Standards Based Report Cards.
- Exceeding (4) - Student consistently demonstrates the skill or understanding at a level exceeding the trimester expectation.
- Proficient (3) - Student consistently demonstrates mastery and independence at the trimester reporting standard.
- Approaching (2) - Student consistently demonstrates that he/she is approaching the trimester reporting standard, showing occasional independence or potential for independence toward meeting the standard.
- Beginning (1) – Student demonstrates that he/she is working toward readiness for the trimester reporting standard without independence.
It is important to note that in literacy, the first trimester was focused on reading and writing fiction text. The second trimester was focused on reading and writing informational text, which might impact your child’s reading proficiency. If a student is between levels on the report card a “+” will be added to the code. This shows that the student is making progress toward, but has not fully demonstrated proficiency at the next level.
New Student Registration for 2019-20 Has Begun – If you have or know of a family with an incoming kindergartener or a student new to first grade for the 2019-20 school year, please encourage them to contact the Field office to register for the next school year. We are so excited to welcome our new Falcons!
Immunization Practices & Recommendations Program – Parents often have many questions about immunizations and diseases which vaccines provide protection against. Edward-Elmhurst Health/School Health Services Department is providing a program on April 3, 2019 from 7:00 to 8:15 PM to support parents who want to learn more about current requirements and practices. Please review the following program flier for additional information.
Field Falcons – Be sure to note the following upcoming events on your calendar:
- March 11 - Choir Concert from 6:15 to 6:45 PM
- March 14 - Science Olympiad from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- March 19 - PTA Meeting from 1:45 to 3:00 PM in Room 02
- March 20 - Student Late Arrival Day - Supervision begins at 9:30 AM and school begins at 9:45 AM
- March 21 - Fourth Grade Music Performance at 6:15 PM
- March 21 - Fifth Grade Music Performance at 7:00 PM
- March 25 to March 29 - Spring Break
- April 1 - Classes Resume
Thank you for your continued partnership in your child’s education.
Mrs. Heidi Thomas
Field School Principal